Call Oxford: 01865 777 676
Call Reading: 0118 951 1782
Call Wembley: 020 8900 9990
Call Abingdon: 01865 689 232
Explanation of your CBT – Experienced course (Renewal)
This course is for people who currently hold a CBT certificate and want to renew it, in order to continue riding on L-plates for another two years. The certificate that you get will be identical to the one you would get from taking the full day standard CBT course.
The course cost is a flat rate of £120.00 with or without bike hire.
As it is designed for people to simply renew their CBT it is not expected that we would have to spend too much time doing the off-road elements of the course (Element C). The student will be asked to demonstrate their ability to carry out the required manoeuvres rather than being taught how to do them. For this reason, the course must be done on the same type of bike the original CBT was done on (automatic or geared).
If you completed your CBT on an automatic and now wish to ride a geared motorcycle, you should book onto a standard CBT course which lasts a full-day.
If you are considering gaining a full motorcycle licence at some point, then don't miss this opportunity to ask your instructor to assess how many days of training they think you will need.
Things to bring with you:
- Your old CBT certificate (if you have it).
- Your UK photocard driving licence.
- Suitable clothing for riding a motorcycle: hard-wearing jeans (not thin cotton trousers, tracksuit bottoms or leggings); sturdy footwear (not flimsy plimsolls or lightweight fashion shoes) – ideally which provide some ankle protection, such as work boots, strong walking boots or similar; glasses or contact lenses if needed.
- Remember that you are going to be outside – so consider wearing layers if it is going to be cold.
- You are welcome to bring your own riding gear, although we can provide jackets, helmets, gloves, waterproof trousers and hi-viz bibs.