Considering a new career or what to join the successful team?
An interesting role where full training and support is given to enable you to offer approved motorcycle training.
- Good rates of pay (£35,000 – £48,000/pa)
- Full and part-time positions
- PAYE – holiday and sick pay scheme
- Work place pension
- Equipment provided (including use of a bike)
- Good working atmosphere
- Equal opportunities employer
- Self-employed contracts (if you fit the HMRC criteria)
- Full UK motorcycle licence held for over 3 years
- Fit and proper person (i.e. no current convictions)
- Good communication skills and patience
- Passion for motorbikes
- Mechanical ability desirable but not essential
- Previous teaching/instructing experience a bonus
- Enthusiastic, articulate and reliable
How do you become qualified?
If you’re not currently qualified but fit the criteria (Requirements) then the process is as follows:
- 5 day instructor training course. This is all role play with a Supervisory Grade Instructor using an approved training area and CBT legal motorcycles, mopeds and scooters. There is no charge for this (although we reserve the right to charge for the course when you leave our employment).
- Consolidation courses with real students in a live environment.
- An application is made to the DVSA to add you to the Register as a “down-trained” motorcycle instructor.
- Typically, you will be supervised by a DVSA CBT Enforcement Manager inside 3 months of being added to the Register.
- We train you in-house to qualify you as a Supervisory Grade Instructor (able to down-train new instructors).
- You take a 2 day assessment with the DVSA in Chadderton or Gillingham.
- We train you in-house to qualify you as a Direct Access Scheme (DAS) qualified instructor.
- You take a 1/2 day assessment with the DVSA in Chadderton or Gillingham.
- You are now fully qualified, although we will then encourage you to get an advanced rider qualification, take your Motorcycle Instructor Theory Test and get an Enhanced Rider Scheme (ERS) qualification as part of a continuous professional development.
- Lightning Motorcycle Training is a large training school and other opportunities are available to provide a career progression from this point onwards.
Motorcycle Instructor jobs available in London, Birmingham, Berkshire, and Oxfordshire
For an application form please contact us:
Phone – 01865 777 676
Post or in person – Lightning Motorcycle Training, Suite A7, Kebbell House, Delta Gain, Carpenders Park, Watford WD19 5BE
We currently offer PAYE at £35,000 – £48,600/pa (depending on previous experience and qualifications, included is 30 days paid holiday, sick pay and auto-enrolment pension) or £180/day for Self-Employed DAS qualified instructors.
We offer an Instructor Training Course for those wishing to get qualified quickly and efficiently – you can find out more on our Instructor Training Course page
Or complete the form below: