Call Oxford: 01865777676
Call Reading: 01189511782
Call Wembley: 02089009990
Call Abingdon: 01865689232
Call Stourbridge: 01212968881
Simple rules to follow when deciding which lane to use when approaching a roundabout
The rules in the picture are a good guide. There will always be one or two local exceptions to these rules, but your instructor should make you aware of them.
There are two key points that make this process easier:
- Look at the road sign (map) on the approach to assess which exit you intend to take
- Look at the road markings - these will have a big impact on which lane you use
Looking at the picture answer the following questions:
- How many of the diagrams have a "left" turn?
- How many of the diagrams have a "straight ahead"?
- How many of the diagrams have a "right" turn?
- How many of the diagrams have more than one "straight ahead" exit?
- How many of the diagrams have more than one "right" turn exit?
- All of them
Didn't get the answers right - re-read the rules!