Call Oxford: 01865777676
Call Reading: 01189511782
Call Wembley: 02089009990
Call Abingdon: 01865689232
Explanation of your Compulsory Basic Training course (CBT)
- Element A – Introduction; aims; safety equipment and eyesight check
- Element B – Practical on-site training – covering machine controls, maintenance, and use of stands.
- Element C – Practical on-site riding – a series of exercises which allow you to acquire and demonstrate a range of skills – e.g. pulling away, stopping, manoeuvring at low speed (figure of eight, U-turn), use of gears (manual motorcycles only), use of brakes, emergency stop, observations, junctions.
- Element D – Pre-ride briefing covering legal requirements, vulnerability, positioning, observations, following distances, weather conditions, road surface, hazard perception, anticipation, speed, alcohol & drugs, emotional states, Highway Code, obstructions, roundabouts.
- Element E – On-road riding for a minimum of two hours in radio contact with your instructor.
Things to bring with you:
- Your UK photocard driving licence.
- Suitable clothing for riding a motorcycle: hard-wearing jeans (not thin cotton trousers, tracksuit bottoms or leggings); sturdy footwear (not flimsy plimsolls or lightweight fashion shoes) – ideally which provide some ankle protection, such as work boots, strong walking boots or similar; glasses or contact lenses if needed.
- Remember that you are going to be outside – so consider wearing layers if it is going to be cold.
- You are welcome to bring your own riding gear, although we can provide jackets, helmets, gloves, waterproof trousers and hi-viz bibs.
You can get a discount of 15% off if the CBT you book is inside 3 days by using this code LMB1 - currently suspended due to Covid-19